Midlife Career Reboot:Reinvigorate or Reinvent Your Career for Your Thrilling Next Phase June 28th 19.00 to 21.00 BST (UTC+1)
If you feel that ‘something’s shifted’ recently and you feel flatter or less engaged with your career and long to get your career spark back, then this meeting is for you.
Your change of heart about your career may be driven by external factors; a new boss, a missed promotion or changes in your organisation. Or it may be driven by changes in YOU; longing for something new, for better pay, to work with new people on new projects, or because you need flexibility to handle caring or other responsibilities. Either way, this session will give you space to start to reflect on your career, to open up to career change or career development, realise that your feelings are valid and that there are ways forward to career fulfilment and career happiness again.
What’s more, by reinvigorating or reinventing your career at midlife you may be surprised to uncover brand new opportunities to increase your earnings by identifying new more lucrative markets for your professional skills. Or you may discover that you’ll be able to maintain your earning power for longer - up to and (beyond) retirement even - through finding work that motivates and inspires you so much that you just want to keep on doing it!
And if the prospect of career change feels daunting, don’t worry. This meeting will provide you with a safe space to explore career options; with no pressure to consider bigger career changes than you feel ready for. You’ll gain confidence through hearing inspiring career stories of others who’ve stood in your shoes and made career choices that were right for them. You’ll come away reinvigorated by how many new career possibilities there are at midlife.
In this meeting you’ll hear about :-
- Why it’s important to listen to your career dreams and desires – even if they seem impossible right now, as they can guide you as to what will truly make you happy in your career.
- How you can overcome past career 'conditioning' from parents, family, colleagues, teachers and friends that may be trapping you in a role or profession that’s not ‘you’, so you can move forward to work that you’re truly fired up about.
- A career reinvigoration and career reinvention process that can help you to understand yourself and your ‘career needs’ at a deeper level so that you can identify new career options that fit better with your current situation and what you want in 2018.
- How even if you feel well and truly ‘stuck’ right now, you can release yourself and move forward to a more meaningful and satisfying career.
- The tools and techniques that can take the stress and weightiness out of decision-making and remove your fear of ‘getting it wrong’ or ‘losing' what you’ve achieved so far.
- How you CAN resolve your apparently conflicting career desires e.g 'new challenges' vs 'stable employment', or 'doing what you love' vs 'earning big bucks'. You'll learn how you don't have to make either/or decisions, and that you can have BOTH.
- How to think about money so it doesn’t roadblock the career change or career development process.
- What separates those who succeed and those who fail in career development and career transformation.
The presentation and Q&A will last for about 40 minutes, after this you'll get the chance to experiment with some of the career tools and techniques discussed.
Looking at career issues might sound like 'serious work' - rest assured our career development meetings are relaxed and friendly and we give everyone a warm welcome. What's more, career change is a creative process - so I encourage everyone to have a playful, open mindset in the career development meetings.
This meeting will be held online. The link to the meeting will be provided after you've booked and at least 24 hours before the event.
Never attended an online meeting before? Don't worry we’ll provide you with detailed instructions of what you need to do to get into the meeting. All you need is a good broadband connection and your device
Your Presenter/ Facilitator for this Meeting
Trudy Lloyd is a professionally qualified career coach and facilitator.
She helps mid-career professionals with career change and career development so they can find more meaningful, satisfying and rewarding work - work they’re more fired up about! She also helps them stay relevant and employed when workplaces are rapidly changing due to new technologies, intense competition and globalisation.
You can read more about Trudy here
Ticket sales close at midnight BST Wednesday 27.6.18
Cancellation and Refund Policy for Events where the SKU starts with T or C
- Should you cancel your booking to the event at any time, no refund will be made.
- Should Career Reinventors 40+ cancel the event you will be offered a full refund.
- Should Career Reinventors 40+ reschedule the event you will be able to transfer your original booking to the rescheduled event, at no further cost. You will also have the choice of a full refund.