Midlife Career Reboot Cafe July 2nd 19.00 to 21.00 BST (UTC+1)
This online 'career reboot cafe' gives you the opportunity to bring your career change or career development challenges along, and get fresh perspectives, insights and solutions.
You can bring any type of challenge to the cafe – as long as it’s related to reinvigorating or reinventing your career at midlife. For instance you may be wondering how to get clearer on what you want to do in your next phase, you may be concerned about how a transition period might affect your finances, you may lack confidence or be procrastinating. Different parts of you may be 'at war'; part of you craving new adventures and part of you not wanting to risk your comfort and security, or you may want to explore your hopes and fears around making a change… or perhaps it's something else for you? You can bring whatever is live for you right now.
The group will be limited to 8 participants, and the time will be shared equally between everyone’s career challenges. (If you don’t have a particular challenge but would just like to experience the support of this forum in action – that’s OK too). Everyone will be asked to commit to keeping the content of this session confidential.
You will receive help on your specific career challenge. Depending on the nature of that challenge you will either be helped to come up with new solutions yourself (facilitated help). Or you will receive specific references, resources or information to tap into (directive help). These might include tools, techniques, models and data sources.
Whatever your career change or career development challenge you'll be in a non-judgmental, accepting space.
You’ll be in the company of like-minded professionals who have the accumulated wisdom and insights of their professional work experience. Which will likely also help you to feel supported.
Included in this meeting :-
• A safe supportive space to share what’s holding you back from rebooting your career, and where you can also open your mind and explore options freely, with no pressure to consider bigger career changes than you want. You’ll feel heard, and no longer alone with your uncertainty or indecision.
• You’ll receive appropriate support depending on the career issue, which might include; help to solve the career challenge, fresh perspectives on your career, insights and signposting to career resources. This will save you the time of looking for sources of help yourself, and from wrestling further with the career challenge.
• Facilitated group exercises - where they are relevant to a career challenge - so that you can reframe your challenge, gain new insight and practise new attitudes and behaviours that will build your motivation and self-belief and help you on your career journey.
• Help to tap into more of your personal resources including your creative thinking. You’ll increase your confidence, gain insight and develop more career options.
• Opportunity to hear from others facing career change or career development challenges, you’ll likely feel connected to others who are making career changes, which can increase your motivation and energy levels.
• You’ll get fresh ideas to free you from ‘stuck’ and get moving forward again towards that more fulfilling role, those increased rewards for your skills, that more flexible work… or whatever it is YOU want to achieve through making changes to your career.
• If there is a theme that arises that is relevant to several or more people, I may share some general info on the topic and suggest further resources, so you get maximum learning throughout our time together - whether the focus is on your topic or on someone else's.
Looking at career issues might sound like 'serious work' - rest assured our career development meetings are relaxed and friendly and we give everyone a warm welcome. What's more, career change is a creative process - so I encourage everyone to have a playful, open mindset in the career development meetings.
This meeting will be held online. The link to the meeting will be provided after you've booked and at least 24 hours before the event.
Never attended an online meeting before? Don't worry we’ll provide you with detailed instructions of what you need to do to get into the meeting. All you need is a good broadband connection and your device
Your Presenter/ Facilitator for this Meeting
Trudy Lloyd is a professionally qualified career coach and facilitator.
She helps mid-career professionals with career change and career development so they can find more meaningful, satisfying and rewarding work - work they’re more fired up about! She also helps them stay relevant and employed when workplaces are rapidly changing due to new technologies, intense competition and globalisation.
You can read more about Trudy here
Cancellation and Refund Policy for Events Where the SKU starts with T or C
- Should you cancel your booking to the event at any time, no refund will be made.
- Should Career Reinventors 40+ cancel the event you will be offered a full refund.
- Should Career Reinventors 40+ reschedule the event you will be able to transfer your original booking to the rescheduled event, at no further cost. You will also have the choice of a full refund.